Monday, May 7, 2012

Sundae Table

     Originally, I wanted to have a trail-mix table for people to make their own favors. So, I started collecting jars at garage sales and estate sales and we picked up some candy scoops and heart-shaped ladles. I even had the bags ordered. Unfortunately, as we got closer to the big day...that idea seemed too cumbersome in light of other preparations since we aren't going to be using a caterer. However, with the heat of the summer, why not have a make-your-own-sundae table??? I re-purposed my jars and created some tags using Microsoft Word. I affixed the tags using double-sided tape.

      For a little color, I used some yarn that I picked up at an estate sale that Aunt Sharon had a while back. I cut strips of yarn in each of the colors I wanted to use, then twisted them as tight as I could. Next, I wrapped the twisted yarn around the jars and double-knotted them. Finally, I cut away the excess and moved the knots to the opposite side from the tags so that they didn't show from the front. Brilliant! And they cost me next to nothing. Most of the jars were $1 or less. (I found the very same ones at Wal-mart ranging from $7-$15 EACH!!! The yarn was all in a big bag of stuff that I took to help clear out some of the left-overs from Aunt Sharon's estate sale. I made and cut out the tags myself...so really, these adorable vessels were dirt cheap! Yay! The stuff to go in them may cost a bit, but at least the jars weren't pricey. :)

 

      I also found some colorful soda-shop style straws at Micheal's of all places! They were $1/pack, so I got four packs...each a different color. I already had a neat straw-holder from an estate sale many moons ago, so that became wedding property. 


     And, just for funzies, here's a photo of some of the jars you've already seen taken from a different angle. I'm really pleased with how these turned out! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment