Monday, May 7, 2012

Toasting Glasses

     In my attempts to find decorations for Matt and myself for our toasting flutes, I found the cutest already-made-adorable wine glasses. They were adorned with hearts, rings, and the words "Mr. & Mrs.". To top it off...they were only $1 each! (Thank you Dollar Tree!) And with that, my search came to an end. But there's more to the story of toasting glasses than just ours...
     While at an estate sale at one point, I met a man that knew Matt and his family. The man gave me a box of glasses and jars for free on the promise that I would use them in the wedding. So, I picked out some of the glasses (mostly mis-matched) to give to our family members who would be sitting at the family table with us. After a good washing, I set about decorating these. I didn't want to spend any money on decorating them as doing such was not really necessary, but it sounded like a fun idea, so I didn't want to leave them plain. After some scrounging, I found some lettering and some foam stickers. The results can be seen below. The top photo shows our moms' glasses and the second shows our dads' glasses. The bottom two show our brothers' glasses along side their girlfriends' glasses.






No comments:

Post a Comment