Sunday, June 24, 2012

The "Cards" Box

     So I was thinking about the "cards box". You know...that thing people put out for guest who bring cards. I've seen stuff as out there and awesome as giant Lego blocks and as nature-y as bird cages and little trees with clips. I've also seen the boring old boxes with the word "cards" written on it and a slit in the top. So here's what I did....I found an awesome top-folding picnic basket at an estate sale for $5. 
     I used the lid from a Bed, Bath, and Beyond box (which I have LOTS of lately) and the last of my glittery copper spray paint (that I used most of on the wishing tree) to make a background for the card sign. After it dried, I fashioned some letters out of floral wire that I picked up from an estate sale and have used for many other things. The letters were wrapped in a rainbow ribbon that I picked up at Michael's just this morning, and hot-glued to the copper sign. Then I hot-glued on some left-over flower accents that I had. (Same ones from the butterfly cage and the archway centerpiece.) Finally, I used some fun-cutting scissors to make the edges of the sign pretty. Last, I attached a pin left over from making boutonnieres to the back of the sign, and pinned it into the lid of the picnic basket. I'm so glad it turned out so well! It's going to look great on the table under the wishing tree! :)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment