Monday, March 12, 2012

Oh...and Hooray for Groomsmen Too!

As is par for this sort of thing, the Groomsmen had far less involved in the way of their attire.  Since we found a dress at David's Bridal for the girls, it was only logical to head over to Men's Wearhouse so that they guys would match.  They, like the bridesmaids, would be in cognac with splashes of their individual colors.  We picked out a patterned vest to go over white, long-sleeved shirts (which would be rolled up to the elbows).  We figured most guys already have a pair of black dress pants (and if they don't, they should!) so that was all that they had to rent.  I didn't care for the tie selection that they had, so we went to JC Penny's and found solid ties in each of the right colors. I have no clue what Matt wants them to do for shoes. All I know is that they will not, unfortunately, be wearing Converse like the girls as Matt hates Converse. :( Oh well...I let him win that battle.

For their boutonnieres, I bought some white gerber daisies for a dollar at Wal-Mart and then used an amazingly awesome friend's spray-on dye that she had used for her wedding one year earlier.  (LOVE this stuff...btw!) The dye was a simple as spray-on, let dry, and then heat-fix in dryer.  I pulled the flowers off of the stems, cut away excess plastic, and dyed them each a different color. Then I purchased some multi-colored raffia from save-on-crafts.com, which I cut into strips.  Each boutonniere received two strips of each color, which were wired together using the wire from two corsage leaves that I had spray painted a shimmery copper color.  Each of them was then fanned out to look more full. Next, I hot-glued the strips to some cardboard squares that I cut off of a scrap box I had laying around the house. I hot-glued the flower of choice on the opposite side of the strips from the cardboard square, and proceeded to hot-glue a copper berry that I harvested from a bunch that was in more of my Micheal's Christmas clearance findings to the flower's center.  Each boutonniere was then given a stick-on back pin that I found in a pack of 10 at Wal-Mart. They turned out better than I had pictured in my head...which totally made my day! :) (P.S. I took the pink picture a different day than I took the others...it really is the same size as the other five and it really is a little more hot pink than it appears.)


  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment