Sunday, April 15, 2012

Centerpieces

So this particular post will be a work-in-progress.

      The centerpieces were created in two stages. First, I picked up a bunch of flower bundles from Micheals' that were on sale and cut the bundles into single flowers and laid them out in piles by color. Then, I played florist for a while by making all kinds of different small arrangements. Once I made one that I liked, I added a little greenery and then wrapped the stems in floral tape. From there, I placed each arrangement into one of the beautiful colored jars I had collected from sales at Hobby Lobby or Micheals'. After all of the arrangements were placed into the jars, I tied a little raffia bow around the neck and added a cute little floral butterfly to each bouquet.  These looked lovely. :)


       The plan is to place these on top of mesquite wood pedestals. I'll post more about how this was done after we actually get them made. In the mean time, here's a neat picture of what I'm planning on doing....


       There was one other centerpiece that I made for the family table. I made an floral arrangement just as I had before, but this time I placed it into a cool-looking beehive that I found at an estate sale. I also added a few little floral bees around the outsides of the beehive. It ended up looking super-cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment